Mr. Gordon will succeed Mr. Ahmad Zia Mian. His appointment follows an extensive search conducted over several months. Mr. Albert C. Gordon is to assume duties as Director General of the OUR. Mr. Albert C. Gordon is to assume duties as Director General of the Office of Utilities Regulation, OUR, on Friday, November 01, 2013.His appointment follows an extensive search conducted over several months, with the post being advertised both locally and internationally. Thereafter, interviews were conducted and a nomination made by a five-member selection panel, chaired by Dr. the Hon. Carlton Davis. The panel was established by Prime Minister, the Most Honourable Portia Simpson Miller, and on whose subsequent recommendation to the Governor-General, Mr. Gordon has been appointed.Mr. Gordon, who has been serving as President of the National Water Commission (NWC) since 2011, holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, both from the University of the West Indies. He has also undergone specialized training in areas of Energy Planning and Policy, Photovoltaics, Power Generation Systems, Development Planning and Water Utility Tariff Setting, among others, at a number of institutions, including the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University in the United States of America. He previously served as Vice-President for Project Administration (2009- 2010) and for Corporate and Strategic Planning (1998-2004) at the NWC, and has undertaken a number of private consultancies in the electricity and water sectors, including for the OUR, over the period 2004-2008. He has also worked in various capacities at the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPSCo) from 1987 to 1998.Mr. Gordon will succeed Mr. Ahmad Zia Mian, who served as Director General of the OUR from 2009 to 2013, and Mr. Maurice Charvis, Deputy Director General, who has been serving as Director General in the interim. Story Highlights
Chicago: Rapper R. Kelly has been released from jail here after the $161,000 he owed in child support was paid. The Cook County sheriff’s office said the money was paid on Saturday morning and he was set free shortly afterwards, reports bbc.com. It is unclear who made the singer’s payment. The R&B artist was last month charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, involving four alleged victims, three of whom were minors. Also Read – Hilarie Burton, Jeffery Dean Morgan tie the knot He pleaded not guilty to all the charges and was released on bail after spending three nights in jail. If convicted, he faces three to seven years in prison on each charge. As he walked out of jail on Saturday, CNN quoted him as saying: “We’re going to straighten all this stuff out.” The singer had been prepared to pay up to $60,000 of what he owed to his former wife, Andrea Kelly, and their three children, but the judge had required the full amount and ordered him detained. The singer’s defence attorney had previously said the singer was having financial difficulties and his finances were a “mess”. Kelly has been a target of a boycott campaign, and his recording contract has been cancelled.
The New York Yankees have placed Derek Jeter on the disabled list once again following a right quad injury he suffered last week.Jeter was injured in his first game back from rehab on July 11th against the Kansas City Royals. Prior to this, the captain short stop had already missed the first 91 games of the season because of a broken ankle he suffered last year.After straining his quad, the team doctors agreed to rest Jeter through the All-Star break. Now that the break is over, re-evaluations have shown that he still has an injury to the leg, which requires more rehab and rest.The New York Yankees will begin a three-game series Friday night at Fenway Park.
Reports have emerged that Real Madrid have opened talks with former Chelsea coach Antonio Conte as Julen Lopetegui’s position as Coach becomes increasingly uncertain.Football Espana quotes both Sportitalia and the Corriere dello Sport as their source of the report amidst Madrid’s poor run of form. Having lost three of their last four in which they have not scored once.Earlier last week, there were reports in Diario AS that Conte is ‘the only top Coach without a team’ while current Madrid B team Coach and former winger Santiago Solari is also being considered.Speculative reports suggests that Madrid have given current coach Lopetegui month end to turn things around with upcoming fixtures against Levante, Viktoria Plzen and Barcelona.Sacchi explains Sarri, Conte, and Ancelotti Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Arrigo Sacchi talked about how Sarri has a tougher time at Juventus than Conte at Inter; while Ancelotti’s “blood is boiling” at Napoli.Arrigo Sacchi…There are claims that The Blues will be paid compensation before Conte can be appointed elsewhere before next summer since he is still being paid by the West London club.Also in consideration is 41-year-old Solari, who has been in charge of the club’s Castilla team since 2016 where he replaced Zinedine Zidane in 2016.
David Luiz refuses to rule out a Chelsea title challenge this season, despite recent result not going in their favourAgainst expectations, Maurizio Sarri’s side got off to a strong start for the 2018/19 Premier League campaign by winning their opening five matches.But a 3-1 defeat to Tottenham last month derailed their title hopes with Chelsea since suffering another loss at Wolves recently.The Blues now trail leaders Liverpool by 11 points, albeit with a game in hand, and appear set for a season-long top-four battle.But Brazilian defender Luiz, who has won the Premier League across his six seasons at Chelsea, is refusing to throw in the towel yet.“Everybody knows the Premier League is so difficult, we have to think step by step,” Luiz told Sky Sports.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“Of course the boss tries to give us the maths and to give us one direction to follow and we trying to get the points to be there and fighting for the title not just for the top four.”The former Paris Saint-Germain player is certain aiming for the title is a realistic objective for Chelsea.“Yes, I think so but with humility, with our feet on the ground, thinking step by step,” Luiz added.“Of course we lost some points and it could be better for us at the moment but everybody knows in this league everybody can win against everybody.“It’s not my first Premier League [season] so I know anything can happen.”Chelsea will host Leicester City today at Stamford Bridge with kick-off set for 16:00 (CET).
Arsenal manager Unai Emery has given an update on the condition of defender Nacho Monreal after he left the pitch in the 37th minute.Emery was forced to make a change in the 37th minute of Arsenal’s 3-1 win against Burnley, as Monreal came off for Stephan Lichtsteiner.The Arsenal boss confirmed that the defender had suffered a muscle problem and was substituted to avoid exacerbating the injury and hoping he returns next week when Arsenal visit Brighton.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“It’s starting to be a muscular problem and we decided to change and not take more risks with him. But I hope it’s not big and I hope he can be with us next week,” Emery told the club’s website.“I don’t know if he can play at Brighton, but we can play, I think, Koscielny.“Also Mustafi is close to coming with us. We can take more injuries but we can also recover more players.”
Howie Kent with the Division of Forestry says the Kenai Peninsula still has a lot of dry fire fuels, which have become more flammable due to recent warmer temperatures.: “We’re expecting a little bit of breezy conditions along the coastal areas, like Kenai, Soldotna, Homer, that kind of area. For the weekend we are expected to get warmer and dryer, which will lead to higher temperatures, and lower relative humidity which equal the possibility for more fires.” While this summer’s wildfire season has so far been quiet in Alaska, there are areas of the state that have been sunny, warm, and are drying. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享As Alaska residents and visitors prepare to head outside for the warm weekend, the state’s wildland fire officials would like to remind the public to be extremely cautious with any activity that could ignite a wildfire. In southcentral Alaska, recent warm days and temperatures on the forecast will dry the surface fuels and deeper layers of forested lands leaving them very susceptible to fire starts. Kent: “As people get out and they want to do some camping, and want to have a campfire remember to keep your campfire small in case the winds pick up unexpectedly try and keep your fire under control.”