first_img Previous articleBehind the scenes and dreams of Angela’s Ashes The MusicalNext articleInquiry into claims that off-duty Gardaí sought prostitutes in Limerick Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Advertisement TWO out of every three adults do not have a last will and a testament, according to the presentation given by a leading Limerick law firm recently.Kevin Doughan, a qualified estate and trust practitioner and head of probate at Holmes O’Malley Sexton (HOMS) solicitors told a recent business breakfast meeting that he was alarmed to discover that 66 per cent of Ireland’s adult population have not made a will.Delving deeper into the figures, the findings reveal that 80 per cent of people over 65 do make a will while the younger generation are more likely to put it off with 42 per cent of those between 45 and 64 having a will and a mere 30 per cent of the under 45s.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Hosted by Shannon Chamber, the non-business topic was covered in the first of three talks on succession planningMr Doughan said that regularly reviewing wills made creates certainty about who is getting what and allows people to appoint their chosen executors and trustees. It also allows testamentary guardians to be appointed to take care of children and ensures that adequate financial provision can be made for dependents, as well as enabling discretionary trusts to be set up for children with particular needs.”“Will-making may seem complex but is very easily managed and once there is a will in place, there is certainty for the future, Wills can be changed periodically to take account of changing circumstances, so that’s why we encourage everyone with something to bequeath to make a will as making one can ensure tax efficiency and the avoidance of post-humous family disputes.” added Mr Doughan.Helen Downes, Shannon Chamber CEO said that they have had a great reaction to the series and that continues on Friday March 24 next which will deal with inheritance tax. Enterprise Ireland CEO Julie Sinnamon to join Shannon Chamber Webinar to share advice for companies as they embrace the recovery NewsTwo-thrids of Limerick and Irish adults have not made a willBy Staff Reporter – March 14, 2017 1162 Shannon training programmes go virtual Print RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Chamber members hoping for good news on jobs front Emailcenter_img Shannon Companies Sharing Data on their Preparedness for COVID-19 Twitter Shannon Chamber Webinar to help people cope with the stresses of COVID-19 WhatsApp Linkedin TAGSHolmes O’Malley SextonShannon Chamberwill Quality, Reliability and Cost Rank High in Assessment of Sup-Suppliers by Multinational and Larger Indigenous Companies Facebooklast_img read more

Read More

first_imgPerfect views of the water.The home at 22 View St more than fit their requirements, with a deck on the top storey giving uninterrupted views of the water and Bramble Bay.“It has the water views and the sea breeze and it is quite calm so you do not get those heavy winds,” Mrs Evans said.The home dates back to 1952, but had been modernised and renovated a number of times throughout the decades.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus20 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market20 hours agoBut it had been a number of years since the home had a makeover, and she wanted to put her own touch on the home. 22 View Street Woody PointThe couple plan to downsize and move up to a smaller property at the Sunshine Coast.She would miss relaxing on the deck most of all, and said that the home would be perfect for retirees, because it was low maintenance, or even a young family. 22 View Street Woody PointTHE street name was not deceiving for Linda Evans when she was looking for a new home with a view of the bay nine years ago.After living in nearby Kippa Ring, she and her husband Ronald were looking for a home a bit closer to the water.center_img Take a look inside.“We did up the kitchen and the bathroom, it had been done before but it was a bit dated,” she said.“We just wanted to refresh it and do it in the colours that we like and modernise it.”The home has two living areas with one on each floor, as well as a ground level and top level deck, each with views of the water. “It is really ideal for us as you can just use the top level when it is the two of you and you can use downstairs when family come to visit,” she said.”It has been good for the grandchildren.”For people who do a lot outdoors she said the home was close to bike and walking tracks and the expansive garage had more than enough room for a small boat.last_img read more

Read More

first_img The Chelsea manager revealed on the day Henry announced his retirement that the France striker came within “an inch” of moving to the Nou Camp from Monaco, but instead went to Juventus in 1999. “When I was an assistant in Barcelona with Mr (Bobby) Robson in 1996 (we tried to sign him). He was in Monaco and he went to Juventus, we lost him by an inch,” Mourinho told talkSPORT. Jose Mourinho has revealed he and Sir Bobby Robson came close to bringing Thierry Henry to Barcelona early in his career. Press Associationcenter_img “After that he was not on my radar because it was never a possibility to come to my teams. Could you imagine in that moment leaving Arsenal to come to Chelsea? I wouldn’t imagine that. “He’s the kind of player that you need forever, especially in the Premier League where he was more than any other place. “He was okay in Barcelona and the (France) national team, but the real Thierry Henry, the player that we are all going to miss forever, is the one that made unbelievable seasons and incredible history in the Premier League.” Mourinho is not intending to delve into the transfer market next month, but feared he might have to when Kurt Zouma was injured in Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup quarter-final win at Derby. “When I saw Zouma I was scared,” said Mourinho, who revealed the France defender is now fine. “We can’t lose players for a long period of time. “Happily for us and for the kid, no. We are a short squad, but a squad of good players. “Our project is to start and to finish the season with these players. Nobody to leave, nobody to come.” last_img read more

Read More

first_imgBy Laura D.C. Kolnoski |TINTON FALLS – Following approval by the Tinton Falls Planning Board earlier this month, Head of School Mary Sciarrillo anticipates the expansion of Trinity Hall all-girls high school will be completed in time for the 2018-19 academic year.Plans call for the construction of a two-story addition to the school at 101 Corregidor Road, with a footprint of 11,230-square-feet and total area of 22,460-square-feet, adding additional classrooms, office/administrative space, a multipurpose room, a chapel and a new entrance lobby, officials said.“We are looking forward to a winter 2018 groundbreaking once all permits are secured,” Sciarrillo said. “The new addition will double our classroom capacity and allow us to serve our growing student population.”Originally located in Middletown, the college preparatory high school purchased, renovated and moved in to the vacant child development/daycare center on the former Fort Monmouth U.S. Army base to start the 2015-16 school year. Trinity Hall spent $2 million for the 7.4-acre parcel with its 19,600-square-foot, one-story building built in 1996. The building was intended for educational re-use by the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority (FMERA), the public-private agency overseeing the fort’s redevelopment. The school’s expansion plan received unanimous approval from FMERA members last October, the first hurdle before the project went before the Tinton Falls Planning Board.“The opening of Trinity Hall marked another milestone in the fort’s redevelopment,” said Dave Nuse, FMERA director of real estate. “Bringing an excellent school on site was essential to developing the dynamic community we’ve envisioned.” The 1,127-acre fort, which spans portions of Eatontown, Oceanport and Tinton Falls, was closed by the Army in 2011. Under FMERA, parcels of land and buildings are being leased and sold for technology, educational, business, residential, retail and public uses.Last fall, Theresa Kiernan, Trinity Hall’s director of advancement and admissions, placed enrollment at 201 students in grades nine through 11.“Our students come from over 45 different sending schools throughout Monmouth, Middlesex and Ocean counties,” Kiernan said. “Our location has allowed us to reach a diverse, academically focused group of young women, providing them with a single-sex option for high school where none existed before.” The school teaches in the “Catholic tradition.”“We remain committed to our students and their families and are ready to be a resource for local businesses, nonprofits, municipal leadership, educators and the community,” Sciarrillo said. “We vow to be good neighbors and responsible citizens as we help to revitalize this beautiful town. We feel fortunate to be in Tinton Falls and feel blessed to have the support of this community. Once we moved to our permanent and forever home on historic Fort Monmouth, we realized just how much opportunity we can provide to our greater community.”A gala to raise funds for the school’s capital campaign, entitled “Celebrating the Year of Branching Out,” is planned for March 9 at the Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel in Asbury Park.This article was first published in the Feb. 1-8, 2018 print edition of The Two River Times.last_img read more

Read More

first_imgArcata >> There’s just something about the summer sun in Arcata that seems to bring out the best in the Humboldt Crabs’ offense this season.That was on display once again Saturday afternoon.Continuing the trend from their first two Sunday games, the Crabs’ bats had one of their best showings of the season, scoring early and often en route to an impressive 18-7 win over the Seattle Studs in front of 745 spectators at the Arcata Ball Park.“Everybody did a great job today,” said Crabs …last_img

Read More

first_imgTagsTransfersOpinionAbout the authorChris BeattieShare the loveHave your say Sack Solskjaer? Why dumping manager won’t change anything at Man Utdby Chris Beattie16 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveCOMMENT: Pick a manager… Allegri, Poch.. any manager. Would any manager be able to get a tune out of this lot at Manchester United…?With international week comes the sack talk. Partly due to the need to fill the vacuum left by a barren league programme. But also due to the growing belief inside boardrooms that the best time to remove a manager is during such a recess. A chance to regroup and allow the new man to get his feet under the table before the action resumes.They’re already at it in Italy. AC Milan dumping Marco Giampaolo on Tuesday – just three months into his job. And they won the weekend, never mind being beaten at Newcastle United.But should defeat at St James’ Park be the last straw for United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?Well, for many – including some United ‘exes’ – the answer is ‘yes’. With the headlines blazing and the place apparently leaking, it only appears a matter of time before the board admit they were wrong and send Solskjaer back to Norway.Max Allegri has picked up his English lessons again. Mauricio Pochettino is trying to engineer a way out of Tottenham. It’s all lining up. Ed Woodward can get rid of Solskjaer and replace him with someone more suited to the job. Or so they say…Because no matter who is in the dugout, they’ll still have to make do with what’s available to them. Sunday’s team on Tyneside was nothing like what Solskjaer had at his disposal on the opening day for that win over Chelsea. Three of the back four were missing: Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof and Luke Shaw. Paul Pogba was also absent, as was Anthony Martial in attack. Essentially, injury has robbed Solskjaer of almost half his first-choice team. And while critics will argue ‘it’s a squad game’, it really isn’t when you’re undergoing an overhaul as Solskjaer is now driving through. With Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez now pulling on an Inter Milan shirt for a living, the attack may be paper thin, but long-term it was the right call to shuffle off both players. Indeed, Lukaku is already finding how things can quickly turn in Italy. His coach at Inter, Antonio Conte, having to defend a sluggish performance from the striker for their defeat to Juventus. It was Lukaku’s first big test since his move from United – and it ended with his manager explaining away a lethargic showing.Of course at United, Lukaku would be getting a game today. But that’s not the issue. Solskjaer, with the support of the board, wanted to go in a different direction. And crucially, that support remains.As mapped out here, the club’s top brass have recognised the predicament that has befallen their manager. If results had been the same with Solskjaer’s first-choice XI, then serious questions would be asked. But not today. Not with this reality.Instead, the discussion has been about what’s been put in place – and whether it’s working. And the consensus is positive. The youth policy is showing the right signs. The progress of Scott McTominay and the introduction of Axel Tuanzebe have both pleased management. As have the impact of their three summer signings, Daniel James, Harry Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. On what they’ve seen this season, no-one inside Carrington have doubts about any of these five not being long-term prospects for the club.Indeed, the only criticism, said in some jest, is that Maguire could be doing better by his manager at the other end of the pitch. Being more decisive with that chance at 1-0 at West Ham, along with a soft free header at Newcastle, and the spotlight wouldn’t be so acute on Solskjaer as it is today.But in the aftermath of that Toon defeat, there were some positives – if we care to consider the long-term.It was significant that the two leading voices to react to the loss were David de Gea and Marcus Rashford. Both fresh from committing themselves to new contracts, their reactions were of men who have bought into something. They were taking ownership. Not so much for the result, but something far bigger – the project. De Gea, particularly, spoke of someone determined for this plan to succeed – and well aware of his place inside it. Time will tell if a new leadership group is forming, but the signs are that De Gea and Rashford do have the stomach for this fight the club is in.And it is a fight. Results have the club spiraling. But there are reasons. Reasons the board have accepted. They know, given current circumstances, a change of manager would make little difference. last_img read more

Read More

first_imgLOS ANGELES — Movie sequels are having their own Thanksgiving feast at the box office.Studios on Sunday said the “Wreck-It Ralph” sequel “Ralph Breaks the Internet” has earned an estimated $55.7 million over the three-day weekend and $84.5 million since its Wednesday opening to top the North American charts.The Rocky spinoff “Creed II” has placed second with $35.3 million from the weekend and $55.8 million since Wednesday, far surpassing the first film’s Thanksgiving debut in 2015.There was little left at the table for the latest version of “Robin Hood,” starring Taron Egerton. The poorly reviewed pic grossed only $14.2 million in its first five days in theatres against a reported production budget of nearly $100 million.Lindsey Bahr, The Associated Presslast_img

Read More

first_imgDAWSON CREEK, B.C. — The Dawson Creek chapter of 100 Women Who Care, the first chapter of the 100 Women movement to get set up in the Peace Region, will be hosting their fourth meeting this Thursday.The Dawson Creek chapter was co-founded by Annette Jalbert and Chante Patterson-Elden nearly two years ago. The group gets 100 or women to each give $100 to a pool, which is then donated to one of three charities that make a presentation during the group’s bi-annual meetings. On December 1st, 2016 the group hosted its Inaugural Gala which saw 186 women participate. The South Peace Seniors Access Service Society was the group’s first recipient, and received a donation of over $18,600. In April 2017, 216 members participated in the group’s second Gala, where The Ark – Dawson Creek Youth Centre Society received $21,600. The Network Ministries received $16,000 at the group’s third meeting last November. Organizers say that at this week’s meeting, the group will also be starting up registration for the Dawson Creek chapter of 100 Kids/Teens Who Care. The group will be holding registration this Thursday, with their inaugural meeting set to take place this fall.The Dawson Creek chapter of 100 Women Who Care will be meeting at the George Dawson Inn this Thursday, April 26th starting at 6:00 p.m.For more information, email the group at [email protected] or call Annette at 250-784-4321 or Chante at 250-219-4403. You can also join their Facebook page.last_img read more

Read More