first_img3Tottenham fan’s extraordinary eyewitness account of Eric Dier row in stands says ‘he lost plot, he was like Incredible Hulk’ TOTTENHAM’S Champions League second leg clash at RB Leipzig tomorrow WILL go ahead in front of fans despite the growing coronavirus fears.Jose Mourinho’s men were steeling themselves to play a game behind closed doors as they attempt to wrest back the 1-0 first leg deficit to the German outfit.3 Timo Werner was the match winner for RB Leipzig in their game against TottenhamCredit: Getty Images – GettyBut while PSG’s game with Dortmund has joined Wednesday’s match between Valencia and Atalanta in being played fan-free, Spurs fans heading to Germany have been told they are not wasting their trip.Leipzig were in emergency talks with the city authorities this morning after German health minister Jens Spahn suggested events attracting crowds of more than 1,000 should be postponed.But following the meeting, Leipzig Mayor Burkhard Jung gave the green light for tomorrow’s match.City council spokesman Matthias Hasberg confirmed: “The game will take place with spectators.”Hasberg added that the fact the Britain is not, so far, designated as a high-risk area was a significant factor in the decision.He added: “The government recommendations for action still differentiate between events that take place indoors and outdoors.“The guidelines have not yet been adapted for outdoor events and the decision was made on this basis.”Liverpool’s game with Atletico Madrid on Wednesday is also expected to take place as scheduled, although Wolves may play behind closed doors in their Europa League tie with Olympiacos.3MOST READ IN SPORTTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battle’I ACCEPT’McGregor accepts Silva fight at UFC catchweight of 176lbs in huge super-fightTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramPicturedA CUT ABOVEMike Tyson shows two-inch cut ‘picked up in training’ ahead of boxing returnPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’ExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidNEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticIT’S…NOT TOMMY BOWETommy Bowe discovers someone has been impersonating him on TinderMAC DADDYTriple H wants McGregor v McMahon with winner getting rights to billionaire strutUefa is ready to agree that the planned games next week between Juventus and Lyon and Barcelona and Napoli will see fans shut out, with the German government to decide on Chelsea’s visit to Bayern Munich.At this stage, Manchester City’s game with Real Madrid at the Etihad is expected to have fans allowed.It comes as the FA, Prem League and EFL, along with broadcasting companies, are due for talks with government officials which are expected to see games played behind closed doors in the coming weeks.MAKE YOUR DEBUT Bet £5 get £20 in free bets for new customers at Ladbrokeslast_img read more

Read More

first_img“It’s okay for the player to have his vision, but I saw it differently. In my honest opinion, I don’t think I had any other option, ”Klopp said about the replacement before returning to the causes of the card and the possibility of seeing the second in action with Correa. “We need a physical Mané; He didn’t need it, but he had contact with his opponent. I would say that both situations were simulated. I don’t like it very much, but it’s part of the game, ”the German coach complained again.Inelegant.Liverpool was not at all elegant when assessing the triumph of Atlético and both the players and their coach made complaints after their defeat in the Metropolitan. They accused Atlético players of doing theater. The Klopp team was elated to the stadium of the rojiblanco team and has not finished digesting to meet in Madrid with something that was not expected. Perhaps, it also points to a way to influence the arbitration in the second leg these complaints. Liverpool already think of West Ham, their rival on Monday in the Premier, but in the environment net It is still going around what happened on Tuesday at the Metropolitan. The European champion was braked by Atlético de Simeone (1-0) without the English could even throw between the three sticks. Among the fans and analysts of the English club, the movement that Klopp made during the break continues. Sadio Mané left stayed in the locker room and instead Origi entered. The score was 1-0.Klopp has returned to give explanations today, although he has acknowledged that he has had to clarify his decision with the player. The African attacker did not understand at the time. “I talked to him this morning and asked him if he was surprised,” Klopp explained. “He said yes, that he was surprised, that he was not nervous and that he could have endured,” he says. Mané had seen a yellow card for a ticket to Vrsaljko and, minutes later, he could finish early in the shower if Szymon Marciniak, referee of the match, had shown the second one by elbowing Correa. Klopp feared the worst, saw the risk and took one of his stars out of the field at the risk of losing stuck in the first leg.last_img read more

Read More

first_imgST ANDREWS, Scotland (AP):Jordan Spieth’s spirited bid for a Grand Slam was stopped yesterday by fellow American Zach Johnson, who is no longer just a normal guy from Iowa.Not with a claret jug to go with that green jacket.Johnson captured his second major – this one at the home of golf – winning the British Open in a play-off over Louis Oosthuizen of South Africa and Australia’s Marc Leishman that capped off five wild days at St Andrews and a suspense-filled final round.Most eyes were on 21-year-old Spieth. No one ever came closer to the third leg of the Grand Slam.Spieth fought back from taking four putts for a double bogey on No. 8 with back-to-back birdies. He rolled in a 50-foot birdie putt for a share of the lead with two holes to play. After missing an 8-foot par putt on the 17th hole, he needed a birdie on the closing hole to join the play-off.”We gave it a great effort,” Spieth said.He joined Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods – the three biggest names in golf over the last half-century – as the only players to capture the Masters and US Open, only to come up short in a quest for the holy grail in golf – all four professional majors in the same year.Johnson won the Masters in 2007 and described himself as just a normal guy from Cedar Rapids, Iowa.Not anymore.The 39-year-old Johnson now has two majors among his 12 PGA Tour victories, an astounding record and an example that a good wedge game and putter can still go a long way in this era of the long ball. Johnson was in tears when he was interviewed off the green, and he cradled the jug after his acceptance speech.”I’m grateful. I’m humbled. I’m honoured,” Johnson said. “This is the birthplace of the game, and that jug means so much in sports.”On a tense afternoon of shadows and showers on the Old Course, Johnson closed with a 6-under 66 by holing a 30-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole in regulation, and caddie Damon Green strutted and flapped his arms in his celebratory chicken dance.Johnson was the first to post at 15-under 273 with his 30-foot birdie putt.last_img read more

Read More

first_imgA convicted fraudster who is presently incarcerated was on Friday charged for conning a businessman out of over $2.1 million.Mohammed Ali, who was jailed in 2017, reportedly conned Julius Belgrave of the cash by impersonating Public Health Minister, Volda Lawrence.He appeared before Magistrate Leron Daly at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts and denied the act which was committed between October 5 and October 10, 2018.The Virtual Complainant (VC) reported the matter to the police after he journeyed to the Public Health Ministry to uplift payments based on instructions given by the defendant and realised that he had been scammed.Ali was remanded to prison and the matter was adjourned to February 21, 2019.The accused was previously charged for impersonating the First Lady, Sandra Granger, and was offering scholarships.last_img read more

Read More

first_imgLos Angeles is a city of murals. And this week, the city welcomed another entry to its long list of colorful wall tapestries that celebrates Studio City’s rich history and notable places. The so-called Great Wall of Studio City was unveiled on a 60-foot stretch of cinderblock between the Studio City Hand Wash and an auto shop on Ventura Boulevard. It might not be the “Mona Lisa,” and it may not note every single piece of the neighborhood’s history, but the Studio City mural provides some local spirit to what was otherwise an unremarkable place. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhicker: Clemson demonstrates that it’s tough to knock out the champ160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Read More

first_imgIT was always going to happen – All-Ireland mania, it seems, is leading to new name choices.Jim, Karl, Rory, Neil – you can take your pick of names to choose from!But the latest addition to the McDevitt family in Braade is a young foal named after All-Ireland winning captain Michael Murphy. And so Murphy and his mum Lucy are getting lots of attention in the Rosses, with visitors to the airport at Carrickfin even stopping off to have a look.All we need now is the Mullaghduff Band to come up with a suitable tune!PIX BY BRID SWEENEY   DONEGAL-MAD FAMILY NAME NEW DONKEY FOAL AFTER CAPTAIN MURPHY! was last modified: October 11th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More

first_imgBERRYVILLE, Ark. – Nancy McShane abruptly quit shopping at Wal-Mart in March after her turkey-farming relatives complained about undue price pressure from the world’s largest retailer. But James Butler says the convenience and low prices outweigh any complaints. Depending on whom you ask, Americans are either sticking with Wal-Mart because of its prices and policies or turning against it amid allegations by unions and others that the company is bad for workers, the environment and communities. The discount retailer and its critics pushed competing data to buttress both sides of the argument. According to a poll released Thursday by Wake Up Wal-Mart, an anti-Wal-Mart group launched this year by the United Food and Commercial Workers union, more Americans have an unfavorable view of Wal-Mart today than at the start of the year. The poll showed that a majority, 58 percent, viewed Wal-Mart favorably, but the figure was down from 76 percent in January. Wake Up Wal-Mart said that was proof that its message against the company’s low-price business model is hitting its intended target – the average Wal-Mart shopper. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals “It would be hard for anyone to believe that a poll paid for by the UFCW was more accurate than the fact that our estimated November store sales were up 4.3 percent and that 10 million people shopped at our stores during the first six hours of sales last Friday,” Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sarah Clark said. But Paul Blank, campaign director at Wake Up Wal-Mart, said, “What this polling indicates is that Wal-Mart’s reputation is in a tailspin.” He said changes in behavior will follow if consumer’s opinions about Wal-Mart continue to fall. Wal-Mart said the survey is questionable and argued that November sales and an onslaught of holiday shoppers the day after Thanksgiving showed it remains popular. Figures released Thursday showed that sales at Wal-Mart stores open at least a year rose 3.8 percent in November when compared to November 2004 – close to analysts’ expectations of 4 percent. Same-store sales are considered the best indicator of a retailer’s health. Retail analyst Don Gher said Wal-Mart’s monthly sales growth did not suggest that shoppers were staying away amid a slew of attacks by groups alleging that Wal-Mart’s low prices come at the cost of poor treatment for its workers, suppliers and communities. “At this point, the sales numbers wouldn’t seem to indicate a backlash,” said Gher of Coldstream Capital Management in Bellevue, Wash. The company has Wal-Mart stock as part of the roughly $900 million in assets it manages. McShane, a Springfield, Mo., housewife, once spent $600 to $700 a month at Wal-Mart – relying on the world’s largest retailer for everything from groceries to oil changes. “We cut off Wal-Mart cold turkey. Now I’m preaching it to other people,” McShane said. Butler, a chicken plant worker from Alpena, said complaints that Wal-Mart is bad for America won’t stop him from shopping there. “It doesn’t change my mind. It’s just a convenience. And anywhere else costs more,” Butler said outside the Berryville Wal-Mart Supercenter where he had just purchased batteries. The Wake Up Wal-Mart figures came from two national telephone surveys of about 1,000 adults in January and November. The January 15-20 poll by Lake, Snell & Perry had a margin of error of 3.1 percentage points, and the November poll by Zogby had a margin of error of 3.2 percentage points. The number of people who said they viewed Wal-Mart very favorably or somewhat favorably fell 18 percentage points to 58 percent while the number who answered that their view was very or somewhat unfavorable increased by the same amount to 38 percent. The group said attitudes are starting to change shopping practices. Asked how often they plan to shop at Wal-Mart in the next month, the number who said they would not go at all rose 8 percentage points to 28 percent. The largest group, those who planned to shop there once or twice, fell 7 points to 32 percent. Clark said Wal-Mart does its own internal tracking of consumer sentiment, but declined to release that data. She said the questions were not the same as Wake Up Wal-Mart’s poll so they wouldn’t be comparable. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Read More

first_imgSIX young cyclists taking part in a mini ‘Tour’ event in Co Donegal have been treated for various injuries after being caught up in yesterday’s freak downpours.All of the cyclists were hurt during falls at the first day of the event around Gartan.All were treated for their injuries – mainly broken bones – at Letterkenny General Hospital. The Errigal Youth Tour will continue today. YOUNG CYCLISTS HURT DURING GARTAN YOUTH RACE was last modified: August 3rd, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:crashcyclistsgartanlast_img read more

Read More

first_imgToyota were top selling car for January in Donegal.Donegal is showing signs of recovery if new care sales are anything to go by.Figures just released show a total of 755 new cars were registered in January – up 25% on the same period for 2014.The top selling car with 130 was Toyota followed by Volkswagen with 96 cars and then Hyundai with 79, Skoda with 48 and Ford with 45. There is also expected to be another surge in the second half of the year with the new upgraded 151 plate.DONEGAL CAR SALES FOR JANUARY SUGGEST WE’RE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY! was last modified: February 6th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More

first_imgThe Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Uttar Pradesh government to respond to a petition seeking contempt of court action against State authorities for failing to vacate five former chief ministers overstaying in government bungalows.A Bench led by Justice Dipak Misra sought the response from the Director of Estates of the State government within three weeks as to why the government bungalows allotted to them were not vacated in time.Uttar Pradesh-based NGO ‘Lok Prahari’ sought action against the authorities for acting in contempt of a Supreme Court verdict on August 1, 2016 directing them to ensure that the former chief ministers vacated the bungalows.The five ex-CMs of UP are Rajnath Singh, Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh, Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati and N.D. Tiwari. Another former chief minister Ram Naresh Yadav is no more.In its last year verdict, the court had held that former chief ministers should hand over possession of the bungalows occupied by them.It had said the state government should also recover appropriate rent from the occupants of the bungalows for the period during which they were “unauthorised” to do so.It had also said that the local laws only gave largesse to former chief ministers “without any element of reasonableness”.The judgment had come on a petition filed by an NGO, Lok Prahari Foundation, exposing the fact that these former chief ministers were occupying Type VI government bungalows even after demitting office. It challenged the validity of the Ex-Chief Ministers Residence Allotment Rules, 1997, allowing life-long residence to them.In one case, the court found that a former Chief Minister was allotted a bungalow on lease for 30 years, renewable for another 90 years at a yearly rent of Re. 1.Uttar Pradesh had argued that the court had no jurisdiction to interfere in its executive decisions. It denied any preferential treatment as former Chief Ministers were treated as a “class of persons” under the Rules. It had said some of them enjoyed Z-plus security and required proper supporting infrastructure.Countering this, the Supreme Court had pointed out that the Uttar Pradesh Ministers (Salaries, Allowances and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act of 1981 specifically provided that a government minister, including Chief Minister, should vacate his or her bungalow within 15 days of demitting office. eomlast_img read more

Read More