first_img Barbados Prime Minister speaks to country ahead of Tropical Storm Dorian; said country is preparing for 6-12 feet storm surge Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Multi-millionaire Barbados businessmen arrested in $3m drug bust, yacht suspected in drug trafficking Related Items:barbados, cable and wireless, colombus international, phil bentley Stinky sargassum blamed for marine disaster; dolphins, flying fish and turtles trapped Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 01 Apr 2015 – The telecommunications competition is heating up, not just locally… but regionally as Cable and Wireless today revealed to the Turks and Caicos that it now owns 100% of Columbus International Inc which equates to around 720,000 customers in 42 countries and a fibre optic network linking nearly all of the Americas. This is a massive buy out, and it was approved just days ago and already Columbus International Inc, with its subsidiary, Columbus Networks has closed its operations in headquarter Barbados. The report is grabbing international headlines and CEO of C&W, Phil Bentley, who visited the Turks and Caicos last year explained in a media statement that: “Most of the markets we operate in have approved our integration plans and therefore today we can start to release some of the $1.5bn investment monies we have set aside to provide our customers with an unrivalled telecommunications experience, improving coverage, reliability, products and speeds, and providing a welcome boost to both jobs and the economy in the countries in which we operate.” While Marketwired is reporting that the value of the acquisition is over $3 billion dollars, Cable and Wireless Plc explains it has spent $1.85 billion dollars on the deal. They call it ‘transformational’. Bentley noted that as part of the integration process, the Company “is undertaking a full review of all the brands we currently operate under, including the Flow and LIME….” In a statement, Columbus explains: Similarly, the combination of the two businesses supports CWC’s new strategy and its four primary areas of focus: Drive Mobile Leadership; Accelerate Fixed-Mobile Convergence; Reinforce TV Offer; and Grow Business to Business and Business to Government sectors.last_img read more

Read More

first_img ADC AUTHOR Photo by NBC News The Pentagon is now responsible for diverting defense budget funds to build a southern border wall, if President Trump’s national emergency declaration issued Friday stands.Here’s what you may have missed over the holiday weekend:As of Saturday, Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan had not yet determined if the wall is “militarily necessary” and from which projects he might pull funds. “We understand there are some priorities that won’t be considered,” Shanahan said, according to Military Times. “Military housing … what’s been interesting … I’ve received a number of letters, I’ve had lots of feedback. ‘Do not jeopardize the projects that are underway.’”The House Appropriations Committee identified almost 400 potentially impacted military construction projects – in almost every state, D.C., Puerto Rico and Guam, along with others overseas. Military.com outlined some of them.Tim Kaine (D-Va.) tweeted, “-Removing lead from military housing -Making overseas bases safer -Upgrading hospitals that treat wounded troops. These are the types of projects military construction funding is supposed to pay for when it isn’t stolen to build a wall that won’t make us safer.”Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said projects like one at Fort Campbell may have to wait. “I would say it’s better for the middle school kids in Kentucky to have a secure border,” he said Sunday on Face the Nation. “We’ll get them the school they need. But right now, we’ve got a national emergency on our hands.”Congress is out this week but could start a process when it returns to state its opposition to the emergency declaration. If it passed both chambers, it would be unlikely to do so with a veto-proof margin.Sixteen states are suing, according to NBC News. “We have vital military dollars going to strategic projects that are of vital national security,” New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas told CNN Monday night, explaining his decision to join the suit. Other organizations have said they will sue, too, setting up a possible Supreme Court showdown.Asked at his Rose Garden press conference Friday about whether readiness could be threatened, the President said “some of the generals” think a border wall is a high priority. “If we had a wall, we wouldn’t need the military.”last_img read more

Read More

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Monday, June 10, 2019:#1) Wilmington Board of Selectmen MeetingThe Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets at 7pm in Town Hall’s Room 9. Read the agenda HERE.#2) Wilmington Historical Commission MeetingThe Wilmington Historical Commission meets at 7pm in the Harnden Tavern. Read the agenda HERE.#3) Wilmington Housing Authority MeetingThe Wilmington Housing Authority meets at 5pm in Deming Way’s Community Hall. Read the agenda HERE.#4) Teen Volunteer Orientation At Wilmington LibraryThe Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a volunteer orientation for teens from 2:30pm to 3:30pm. Earn volunteer hours this summer and get ahead for next year! Attend this orientation to learn more about our available volunteer opportunities, like helping with the Bead Store, programming, or Tech Buddies, and earn 1 hour of community service right away. If possible, please apply online before the meeting. Grades 9-12. Register HERE.#5) Town Beach Open The Town Beach is open today.  Lifeguards are on duty from 10am to 8pm. Admission is FREE for residents. Proof of residency is required. Learn more HERE.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… Related5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Monday, September 9, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Monday, May 13, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Tuesday, September 3, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”last_img read more

Read More

first_imgScott Waring: YouTubeAlien researcher Scott C Waring has claimed to have spotted several anomalies in pictures of Mars and Moon released by NASA, and it has made many people believe that alien life could be a reality. Now, the researcher has uploaded a set of images from Mars taken by NASA’s Curiosity Rover, and claimed to have spotted an Egyptian sarcophagus on the Red Planet.”Here is an ancient sarcophagus on mars as seen in the original NASA photo. There are actually three of them, but two had fallen the other direction and only one had fallen towards us, which allows us to see its lid. The lid of the sarcophagus has a figure of a person on it. , It’s easy to make out the head, shoulders, and body on top of the lid,” wrote Waring on his website UFO Sightings Daily.Waring also claimed that he has spotted several artifacts including ancient pillars and structures on Mars. As per Waring, an advanced alien civilization had once lived on Mars, and they could have perished from the planet thousands of years ago.A video uploaded to YouTube about this discovery has already caught the attention of alien believers, and many people argue that Waring’s research is unique in the process of disclosure. Some other users claim that the weird shape of the sarcophagus-like object clearly indicates that it is built by alien beings.”Very, VERY strange shape if at all “Natural”? Mars – this whole Planet is an Anomaly!!!” commented Owl Ernator, a YouTube user.A few weeks back, Scott C Waring had discovered weird structures on the Red Planet, and he claimed that these structures were actually alien fossils. After making this discovery, Waring alleged that employees in NASA are not doing their work properly, and that the United States space agency is becoming obsolete.He also urged Donald Trump to make him the head of NASA, so that he can unveil several mysteries surrounding the existence of alien life on Mars.last_img read more

Read More