first_img 1/1 Read More Comment SPONSORED Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling 1 min. story Ceballos was forced off with injury against Vitoria (Picture: Getty)Ceballos will be a big miss against Leicester City, with many billing the contest as a crucial game in the fight for the Premier League top four.AdvertisementAdvertisementArsenal are six points behind third-placed Leicester and are without a win in their last three league games.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityThe match against Leicester City is Arsenal’s final game before a two-week international break.Arsenal resume club action on 23 November against Southampton, but it is unclear if Ceballos will be fit again after the international fixtures.The Gunners do not have any other injury concerns heading into the clash with Leicester City, although the under-fire Granit Xhaka is expected to be left out again.MORE: Arsenal’s Sokratis Papastathopoulos tells Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang captaincy doesn’t matterMORE: Charlie Nicholas slams shocking Matteo Guendouzi and tells Unai Emery to drop Arsenal star for Leicester clash Coral BarryFriday 8 Nov 2019 9:52 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.9kShares Read More Read More 00:02 / 00:30 Full Screen Read More Read More Coming Next Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Skip Ad About Connatix V67539 PLAY Ceballos will miss Arsenal’s next game (Picture: Getty)Dani Ceballos will miss Arsenal’s trip to Leicester City on Saturday with a hamstring injury, the club have confirmed.The midfielder asked to be taken off just five minutes into Arsenal’s Europa League game against Vitoria on Wednesday night, appearing to pick up a muscle injury.Arsenal issued an update on Ceballos’ injury ahead of their Premier League fixture this weekend, but are unsure when the Spaniard will return to action.‘[Dani Ceballos is] currently being assessed, but will miss Saturday’s match at Leicester City,’ a club statement said.ADVERTISEMENT Top articles Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE by Metro Arsenal star Dani Ceballos to miss Leicester City clash with hamstring injury Advertisement Advertisement Skip in 3s Video Settings Top articles: Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he rejected deadline day move to West Hamlast_img read more

Read More

first_imgClearly Glass is seeing a growing trend of fancy glass wine cellars in Queensland homes. Photo: Supplied Norman Park couple Paul and Jenny Fraser built their home last year and designed a stunning cellar “from a display point of view”.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus13 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market13 hours agoMr Fraser said the 500-bottle cellar was a key feature of their home. “It’s floor-to-ceiling glass and an L-shaped wine cellar,” Mr Fraser said. “It’s one of the first things you see from the front door. It’s very unique.” 72 Botticelli St, Fig Tree Pocket.A new multimillion-dollar home at Fig Tree Pocket, by Tabrizi Home Builders, features a 400-bottle wine cellar.It is a “fabulous conversation-starter”, according to selling agent Cathy Lammie, of Cathy Lammie Property.Ms Lammie said the wine cellar was a major feature of the three-level home.At East Brisbane, a home with two wine cellars, one worth $100,000, sold for $4 million last year. The five-bedroom, seven-bathroom home was built by Zephyr Industries. Paul and Jenny Fraser at their Norman Park home with their wine cellar. Photo: Peter WallisGone are the days of storing wine in an underground cellar.Queenslanders love a good drop and are spending up to $100,000 on fancy cellars, displaying their finest bottles and making it a focal point of their households.Clearly Glass general manager Matt Sinn said the clever and modern display of wine bottles was gaining popularity, while improving accessibility.“Cellars are the new must-have,” Mr Sinn said. “The new trend is to have the wine cellar as part of the entertaining area of the home, or at the very least, an attractive storage facility.”Brisbane company Clearly Glass has installed wine cellars in several blue-chip suburbs, including Paddington, Norman Park, Ascot and Teneriffe.“The cellars can be temperature controlled and locked up and vary in size from holding a hundred bottles to thousands,” Mr Sinn said. “Costs vary from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands, depending on the importance of the wine cellar in the scope of the overall design.” Another great design byClearly Glass. Photo: SuppliedMr Sinn said Clearly Glass specialised in frameless products and architectural glass installation.“The wine cellar is the latest room to get the frameless glass make over,” he said.“Frameless glass as a building product is very fashionable currently and it makes perfect sense for the wine cellar to get the frameless look.“The ability to showcase the bottles without any obstruction to the view makes frameless glass the obvious choice.”He said many builders and architects, such as CGH Constructions, Graya Constructions, M2 Construct and MKW, were using frameless cellars in their projects.last_img read more

Read More

first_imgILOILO City – Be courteous when dealing with people at quarantine and border control points, the Police Regional Office 6 (PRO-6) reminded policemen. Pamuspusan encouraged people to report misbehaving policemen. He said the PRO-6 has a hotline – 09989673651. “They must also avoid taking photos of private documents during inspections. Strictly adhere to the PNP’s ethical standards and good conduct. Be dignified when discharging police functions everyday,” he added. “Supervisor and commanders will be directly liable for failure of supervision if their subordinates publicly misbehave and disrespect people,” he stressed. “Internal cleansing” of the PRO-6 is one of the thrusts of the police director. He made this clear on his first day   of office in Camp Delgado after formally assuming his post on June 27, 2019. “Philippine National Police (PNP) personnel must, at all times, be polite, most especially with elderly people and women,” said Police Brigadier General Rene Pamuspusan, regional police director. “So far wala pa naman may nag-report sa akin about the arrogant behavior of my personnel,” said Pamuspusan. Arrogant and disrespectful police officers would not be tolerated; there would be sanctions, said Pamuspusan. “I assure the men and women of PRO-6 that I will not demand from you those which I am not willing to do myself,” said Pamuspusan, the 34th director of the PRO-6./PNlast_img read more

Read More

first_imgElda Jean “Boots” Atkins, 92, of Lawrenceburg, Indiana, passed away Tuesday November 27, 2018 in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.She was born August 29, 1926, daughter of the late George Meyer and Clara (Bode) Meyer.Boots worked as a cook for Central Elementary school, with over 20 years of service.She was a life member of St John Lutheran Church (Bellaire). Boots was active in the WELCA and the quilting group.Her passion was quilting, and she taught many others her craft. She has made over 75 quilts, all hand cut and hand sewn. She touched many lives with her crafts, from quilts to baby blankets. She also loved to crochet afghans and scarves. Boots was a great cook, she was famous for her potato salad, BBQ and homemade goetta. She loved time with her family and friends and she will be greatly missed.Boots is survived by her children, Cheryl (Myron) Cors of Lawrenceburg, IN, Danny (late Ruth Ann) Atkins of Lawrenceburg, IN, Linda Sechrest of Aurora, IN, Barbara Kaffenberger Scherzinger (late Michael) of Lawrenceburg, IN; grandchildren, Stephanie (Vernon) Johnson, Amy (Gordon) Barrett, Jason (Jill) Kaffenberger, Shelly (Ki) Yoon, Jennifer Atkins, Brian (Amy) Atkins, Brandon (Andrea Golden) Atkins, Travis Atkins (Jodie Peters) , Jamey (Tonia) Sechrest, Andrew Sechrest (Lisa Collins); 15 great grandchildren, and 2 great, great grandchildren.She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Herbert Melvin Atkins; brother, Harold Meyer, sister, Lavern Rosenbaum; great-grandchildren, Josie Yoon, and Jesse Barrett.Friends will be received Sunday, December 2, 2018, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the St. John Lutheran Church (Bellaire), 4937 State Road #48, Lawrenceburg, Indiana 47025.Services will be held at the Church at 3:00 pm with Pastor Mathew Voyer STS officiating.Interment will follow in the St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery (Bellaire), Lawrenceburg, Indiana.Contributions may be made to the St. John Lutheran Church. If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.comlast_img read more

Read More
September 21, 2020

West Brom role for Burton

first_imgWest Brom have announced Terry Burton will rejoin the club as technical director on June 1. The 61-year-old, who is currently Arsenal’s head of youth coaching, has previously worked at the Hawthorns under now-England manger Roy Hodgson during the 2011/12 season. Burton will work alongside Richard Garlick, who has operated as sporting and technical director for the past 14 months and will become director of football administration. West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace said in a statement: “It’s great to welcome Terry back to the club. His knowledge and experience of the game is second to none. “Terry made a lasting impression during his time here two seasons ago and comes highly-recommended for his new role. “Richard has worked tirelessly as sporting and technical director and remains a key member of the board. “However, with the responsibilities of the position becoming increasingly wide-ranging, we felt it would be wise to split the role. “The appointment of Terry, who has vast experience of coaching, developing young players and identifying talent, can only strengthen the club.” Following the announcement of his appointment, Burton said: “I really enjoyed my previous spell at Albion and I’m delighted to be coming back. “It’s a terrific football club and this is a new, exciting chapter in my career.” Burton will work with the coaching and recruitment staff in identifying players that will improve the squad. He will also join Garlick, the rest of the board and the new head coach in the decision-making process regarding the signing of new players. Albion announced on Monday they had parted company with Pepe Mel, who only took over as their head coach in January, by mutual consent. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More

first_img Press Association A tweet from Al Nassr’s official account on Monday said that the 27-year-old Mali international had signed a two-year contract with the Riyadh-based outfit. But there has been no notification from the Hammers and, when contacted by Press Association Sport, a spokesman said nothing has been confirmed yet. Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr have announced the signing of West Ham forward Modibo Maiga – although the London club say nothing has been confirmed.center_img The tweet from @AlNassrSaudiFCe read: “#ALNASSR signed a 2 year contract with former @whufc_official’s forward, Modibo Maiga. Congratulations.” Maiga joined West Ham for £4.7million from Sochaux three years ago but has since had loans at QPR and Metz. If he does leave, he does so having scored in West Ham’s 4-3 defeat to Bournemouth in the Barclays Premier League last weekend. last_img read more

Read More

first_imgWHEN the championship kicked off on December 14, 2016 with 20 teams from five associations it was anybody’s guess as to which two teams would have been contesting the final.Well, as it has turned out, City sides Western Tigers and Santos, two clubs with a rich history on and off the field will battle for the top prize of $2M and the STAG Nations championship trophy.It has been an extended journey due to the fact that the tournament had to be postponed due to consistent rainfall during the Christmas season.The third-place match tomorrow features the Guyana Police Force against Riddim Squad, another all-Georgetown affair, with the winners set to receive $500 000 and the losers, $300 000.Both Western Tigers and Santos comprise a number of young and exciting ball-weavers who no doubt would be going all out to ensure that their combined efforts deliver the winning prize for their club. But only one will walk away as winners. Fans can be assured of a riveting finale.Western Tigers downed Police, Pouderoyen, and Flamingo on their way to the final while Santos took care of Riddim Squad, Uitvlugt and Herstelling Raiders en route to their final date.This match would be a test for each team’s defence as well as their forwards as they must defend to the utmost, even as they come up with strategies to be effective in the attacking third.The Tigers were pushed to the hilt in their semi-final match against arch rivals Police but held their nerves to beat the lawmen via sudden kicks from the penalty mark. Prior to that match, they were relentless against Pouderoyen, the match ending 9-1 while they were equally dismissive in their win over Flamingo, 8-0.Santos have not been that efficient goal-wise but have been dominant; they needled Riddim Squad in their semi-final showdown, got past Uitvlugt 3-1 while trouncing Herstelling Raiders 4-0.The Tigers start with the advantage of taking the crown but Santos will not be intimidated and are equally hungry for success as they both aim to start the year on a high. And what better way than a cheque for $2M compliments of Ansa McAl.Randolph Wagner will lead the Tigers along with Rensford Coleridge, Shamar Wilson, Darren Benjamin, Anthony Sancho, Andre Webber, Dwayne McLennon, Joshua Britton, Troy Carrington, Jamal Pedro and Jorell Tyrell.Santos captain Samuel Hunte will again lead from the front and would hope to stand firm as he marshals the defence with the hope that Job Caesar, Keith Cains and Delon David will hold their own when it comes to scoring goals.Players who would be shouldering responsibility are Sheldon Profitt, Trevor Lewis, Omar Jones, Orin Yard, Ryan October and Lionel Holder, among others.The third-place match tomorrow kicks off at 19:00hrs and would be followed by the final.last_img read more

Read More

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Brazil have been dealt a major injury blow ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup with the full-back set to miss the tournament in Russia due to a knee injury.Original medical reports suggested that the Paris Saint Germain full-back would be ready for the World Cup.”Following Daniel Alves’ right knee injury, which occurred yesterday during the French Cup final, the tests performed today showed a high detachment of the anterior cruciate ligament with posterolateral sprain,” a spokesperson for the player said.But now, further tests confirm that the former-Barcelona star will not recover in time to participate in the mega event for the Selecao this summer.Alves has been a major figure in the Brazil National Team setup and a regular name on Tite’s first XI as they look to hunt down their sixth world title.The 35-year-old becomes the second Brazilian to suffer a serious injury with fellow full-back Filipe Luis already out of the tournament with a broken leg.Meanwhile, Neymar will be available for the world cup with the PSG forward already working on his recovery after dealing with a broken foot. last_img read more

Read More

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Courtney Brosnan walked over and hugged the left goalpost before leaping up and hanging from the crossbar. A Syracuse handball inside the box with under two minutes remaining gave Buffalo a penalty kick and a golden opportunity to win.The shot went left and so did Brosnan. She rose vertically with both hands in the air, swatting the ball away and forcing overtime.But SU couldn’t capitalize on the momentum and conceded a goal in the second-overtime period.Syracuse (2-4) wasted 23 shots and 11 corner kicks in a 1-0 loss to Buffalo (3-2) in double overtime Sunday at UB Stadium. It’s the fourth loss in five games for the Orange, and the second consecutive 1-0 loss.After containing Buffalo for 100-plus minutes Friday, Syracuse committed a costly defensive miscue.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWith two and a half minutes remaining in the second and final overtime period, Brosnan dove out with her legs to block a Buffalo shot on the left side of the field.The ball was deflected to the opposite side, where another UB shot ricocheted off the crossbar. Buffalo pounced on the follow-up and Dana Lytle buried the ball into the back of the net with Brosnan still on the ground and no Orange jerseys in sight.Brosnan popped up shouting before falling back down on her knees, a scene that encapsulated the emotion on a frustrating afternoon for SU.Syracuse dominated possession for much of the game and created far more scoring opportunities than its opposition, outdoing Buffalo in shots (23-13) and corner kicks (11-2).But the Orange couldn’t find a way to break through the Buffalo back line and missed out on its two best chances when UB goalkeeper Laura Dougall deflected a shot over the crossbar in the 63rd minute and Alex Lamontagne sent a shot into the side of the net as the clock hit zero in regulation.Syracuse will look to bounce back Friday when it hosts Cornell at 3:30 p.m. at SU Soccer Stadium. Comments Published on September 6, 2015 at 3:20 pm Contact Matt: mralex01@syr.edulast_img read more

Read More

first_imgThe Ireland skipper confirmed last week that the semi final win over Ospreys was his last for Munster in Thomond Park.Today’s report suggests that it will be confirmed next week pending approval from Munster and the IRFU.Meanwhile Ireland coach Joe Schmidt says he’s happy with how some of the fringe players did in last nights 22-21 defeat to the Barbarians in Thomond park. Paddy Jackson late try bought the hosts to within one point at the end but it wasn’t enough.last_img

Read More