first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Read More

first_imgAccording to the ministry’s data, other foreigners denied entry to Bali include Armenians, Brazilians, Australians, Canadians, Britons and New Zealanders. The policy is in place based on the government-imposed travel ban to and from mainland China since Feb. 5, that bars travelers who have visited China over the past 14 days from visiting or transiting in Indonesia, and also halts the provision of visa-free and visa-on-arrival facilities for Chinese citizens. As a result of the ban, authorities previously estimated that at least 5,000 Chinese tourists in Bali are likely to be stranded there, since flights connecting Indonesia and mainland China have been temporarily suspended.Read also: Govt downplays reports of Chinese tourist who tested positive for coronavirus after Bali sojourn The Bali Immigration Office has denied entry to nearly 100 foreigners since the government put in place a restriction on those who had recently traveled to China from entering Indonesia’s territory, in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. The Law and Human Rights Ministry’s Bali office head Sutrisno said that as of Friday, a total of 91 foreign nationals had been rejected from entering Bali, as they had traveled to mainland China — where the coronavirus first emerged — in the last two weeks. “They are citizens of various countries, including Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, the United States and others,” Sutrisno said.  As of Thursday, some 300 Chinese nationals have applied to obtain emergency permits to stay longer in the country, which would be valid for one month, Sutrisno said. Jakarta has announced that it will facilitate and will not penalize Chinese tourists and workers who have overstayed their visas as result of the travel ban.“If their country’s situation shows that it is still impossible for them to fly home, we can give them [another permit extension],” Sutrisno said. He went on to say that the Chinese Consulate General in Denpasar would be responsible for facilitating other necessary support for Chinese citizens stranded in Bali. The death toll from the coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, has passed 1,300 globally, since it first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan in late December, 2019. More than 64,000 confirmed cases have been reported worldwide. Japan reported the first death from the virus on Friday, bringing the total deaths outside mainland China to three so far, with one in Hong Kong and another in the Philippines, Reuters reported. Indonesia has recorded no confirmed cases of coronavirus so far. (afr)Topics :last_img read more

Read More

first_imgIn a ruling on April 2, the Garut District Court in West Java found PA guilty of violating the 2008 Pornography Law and sentenced her to three years of imprisonment and Rp 1 billion (US$63,671) in fines. The other two men appearing in the video got lighter sentences than PA.PA and her legal team appealed the verdict to demand a lower sentence or acquittal, while prosecutors did the same for the sake of a higher sentence.”We will support PA to get a fairer verdict, as she is actually the real victim in this case,” said the network, which includes the Legal Aid Foundation of the Indonesian Women’s Association for Justice (LBH Apik).LBH Apik’s director Siti Zuma expressed hope to collect 10,000 signatures before the Garut High Court rules on the appeals. “Hopefully, the court will no longer issue an incriminating verdict against PA after seeing huge support from the public for her.”Topics : The Women’s Solidarity Network for Justice has started an online petition demanding the Garut High Court in West Java rule in favor of PA also known as V, a woman sentenced to prison for starring in several pornographic videos.The group launched the petition on change.org on Tuesday. More than 880 people had signed it by Wednesday afternoon.“PA is a victim of sexual exploitation, human trafficking and domestic violence,” the group wrote in the petition. “After secretly getting married to her husband at 16 years of age, she experienced verbal and sexual violence inflicted by her husband. She was also sold by him and forced to have sexual intercourse with three men while being filmed, despite her reluctance.”While her husband argued the video had been made for his private collection, it went viral on social media – leading to her arrest in August last year. Her husband – identified as 31-year-old A – and two other men were also apprehended.PA insisted that A had forced her to engage in sexual acts with other men for money. The husband, however, died one month later, before his trial started.Read also: Pornography dominates negative content reported to ministry in 2019last_img read more

Read More

first_imgTencent said on Thursday it had purchased Malaysian video streaming platform Iflix’s “content, technology, and resources” in a bid to grow its presence in Southeast Asia.The Chinese tech giant said in a statement that Iflix’s catalogue of “international, local, and original content” would enable it to expand the reach of its overseas video streaming service, WeTV, which it launched in Thailand in 2019.A Tencent spokeswoman declined to disclose the size of the deal. U.S entertainment media outlet Variety, which first published the news on Wednesday, cited people with knowledge of the agreement as saying the deal was worth “several tens of millions of dollars.” Tencent Video, its streaming platform in China, boasted over 110 million paid subscribers at the end of March.WeTV will face a crowded field in Southeast Asia, which includes U.S giant Netflix and Chinese rival iQIYI.Reuters reported in June that Tencent was in early talks to become the biggest shareholder iQIYI. Both companies have declined to comment. That would make the deal significantly smaller than the $1 billion valuation that Iflix had sought in 2019 when it planned a public listing in Australia.The Malaysian startup, which had raised over $300 million, says it has more than 25 million active users in Southeast Asia. But it is facing significant accumulated losses and financial difficulties, according to two sources familiar with the company.Iflix was not immediately available for comment.The purchase comes as part of Tencent’s efforts to capitalize on its fast-growing userbase in the region of 650 million, where it operates music streaming service JOOX and popular game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Read More

first_img“I’m passionate and I love my club, but I know you have to have some filter when you talk on TV, but it’s a shambles.”I feel sad for the manager … What about the board? It’s how many years since Ferguson left? How many managers have been sacked?” added Evra, who said talking about the club’s struggles made him want to end his contract as a Sky pundit.”We don’t know because he wants players like (Jadon) Sancho but they don’t go for the right price. What’s going on with my club? I’m really emotional. It’s difficult to break a man like me, I’m a positive person.”I don’t promote violence but many people need a good slap at this club right now.”Topics : Former Manchester United defender Patrice Evra says his former side are a “shambles” after their 6-1 defeat by Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.Evra, who played for United between 2006 and 2014 and won nine major trophies, sympathised with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with the club failing to land their transfer targets and questioned the role of the board in the years since Alex Ferguson’s departure as manager in 2013.”I’m a positive person, but I never want to talk about United because every time you tell the truth, it can hurt,” the Frenchman told Sky Sports.last_img read more

Read More

first_imgLast month, the Republicans passed a fiscally irresponsible budget that increases the deficit and cuts education funding by $95 million.After $1 billion in budget cuts to our schools over the past several years, this budget would have made our education crisis even worse.Furthermore, the Republican budget does not balance. Pennsylvania already has a $2.3 billion structural deficit due to Republicans smoke and mirrors accounting of past years, and the half-baked budget they sent me increases it even more. It will lead to more credit downgrades and fiscal instability in Pennsylvania. It is not responsible.Two weeks ago, I vetoed their budget, while releasing emergency funding for schools and key services.Now, the legislature, which has been on vacation since before Christmas, needs to come back to Harrisburg and finish their work.The budget they sent me not only underfunded education and adds to the deficit, it also is plain unfinished. Literally, it is not complete.The Republicans did not pass legislation to provide funding for Pennsylvania’s institutions of higher learning including Pitt, Penn State, Temple, Lincoln and the Penn Vet school, leaving them completely without state funding.They did not pass a fiscal code or a school code. They did not even pass a way to pay for their budget.Most importantly, the legislature did not fund our schools or fix our deficit. It is unacceptable and the legislature needs to come back and immediately pass a responsible budget.We have a real chance to make historic investments in schools, truly balance the budget and begin to fix the deficit, and Republicans need to get back to work immediately to finish the job. By: Governor Tom Wolf Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Schools That Teach,  The Blog,  Videos January 06, 2016 BLOG: Plain Unfinished (VIDEO) SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Read More

first_imgBACOLOD City – Eight persons were caught engaging in illegal gambling in Barangay 20. They were residents Wilfredo Blancaflor; Israel Solina; Jaime Tan Jr.; Jethro Goco; Raizza Vergara; Elmer Montelibano; Joevan Abancio; and Denmar Rapiz, police said. Detained in the lockup cell of Police Station 4, the suspects face charges for violation of Presidential Decree 1602, which prescribes stiffer penalties on illegal gambling./PN Police chanced upon the suspects playing the illegal card game pusoy around 11:20 p.m. on June 30. Recovered from their possession were a deck of playing cards and bet money which amounted to P521.last_img

Read More

first_imgThe Batesville Fireman’s Parade in Batesville is set for July 12.The annual event will follow the same parade route as last year. The lineup will begin at the corner of Mitchell and Columbus Avenue, starting at 11:30 a.m. The parade begins at 1:00 p.m. and will proceed south on Mulberry to east on W. Pearl.It will continue to Catherine Street and then finally to Park Avenue to Liberty Park. The parade coincides with the Fireman’s Festival on Friday, July 11 and Saturday, July 12.last_img

Read More

first_imgThe Batesville Bulldogs beat Greensburg 11-2 in seven innings on Monday at Liberty after an eight-run explosion in the fifth inning.The Batesville Bulldogs rally in the fifth was started by, junior, Zach Britton with a solo home run. Eventually, the Bulldogs loaded the bases, which led to back-to-back RBI suicide squeeze bunts by, senior,Leo Enneking, and, junior, Alex McPherson. Both players were able to advance to second on the play by an error. Freshman, Trey Heidlage, also bunted for an RBI single, as, junior, Jacob Christie hit a two-run single to make it 11-2 after the fifth inning.Britton had three extra-base hits for the Batesville Bulldogs, as he had a double, triple, and a home run. Britton also earned an intentional walk.Jacob Wilson was a workhorse on the hill again while bagging the win for the Batesville Bulldogs. Jacob Wilson pitched seven innings and allowed two earned runs, three hits and five walks while striking out four. As a pitcher, Wilson is 4-1 with a 1.45 ERA on the year.The Batesville Bulldogs’ Christie, Britton, Heidlage and, freshman, Quinn Werner combined for eight hits and seven RBIs.“Everyone played their important role tonight and played with passion while doing it. I was proud of their effort tonight,” Bulldogs Coach Justin Tucker.Greensburg’s Kane was charged with the loss. He allowed eight runs in four innings, walked three and struck out five.The Batesville Bulldogs jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first.The lead stayed with the Batesville Bulldogs after the third, when they scored two runs on a two-run double by Britton.The win makes the Bulldogs 6-5 on the season and 4-4 in the EIAC.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Justin Tucker.last_img read more

Read More
September 24, 2020

ORVC Fall Award Winners

first_img2018 ORVC Boys and Girls Cross Country All-Conference Team and Award Winners, 2018 ORVC Boys and Girls  Soccer Award Winners, and 2018 ORVC Girls Volleyball Award Winners.ORVC-18GXCACORVC-18BXCACORVC-18GSOCACORVC-18BSOCACORVC-18VBACCourtesy of ORVC Recorder Travis Calvert.last_img

Read More